2010年7月12日月曜日

Taking for granted in life?

This has been chucked in the draft (together with my Day1 Seoul trip..lol..) for the longest time..So before it's pushed to the next page and I prob will forget about it.. I'll better press the "publish post" button first..^^

Well, it doesn’t applies to all but at some point of time.. I suppose there is just this one thing in life that we take things for granted?

In daily life, I never have the need to do any household chores. My mom attempted to ask me to sweep the floor but I end up sneezing so much that she got fed up and took the broom from me and said she rather do it herself.. lol..
I never have the chance to wash any clothes either.. it sort of became a “default” that mom is the one doing it.
Breakfast and dinner was the same too… mom was the “default”.. ^^

It all became different when I was in Japan. I had to do ALL the stuffs myself. Surprisingly, I enjoyed doing groceries shopping and laundry.. XD
I even enjoyed trying out cooking…like making pancakes, something which my mom would never make. Though the first try came out as a black one..lol.. but subsequently, I got the hang of it.. ^^
I also have to learn to remember to pay the monthly bills for rent, water, gas, electricity.. bills which I never have to bother about back home.

These went on for 3 over years before I returned back home and everything was back to the same as before..
Well, more or less since now that I have to pay my own bills instead..lol..

Then there came the health issues.. though I’m not that young nor am I that old.. lol.. I never think much about it. Most wun have much problems with it during my age.. ^^

First I have the knee joints pain…something which I only see my mom having it during old age.. Since mine ain’t that frequent, I’ll just brush it aside.. so I deduce that I prob wun be able to bend at all when I’m old as I’m already having the pain at this age.. lol…

Then suddenly, I have the chest problem.. It’s more of a men illness and the probability of a female getting it is like 1:5. My brother even told me that I could go buy lottery.. lol..
I never knew breathing without any pain was such a bliss.. I dun suppose anyone would have thought of that though.. ^^

A short walk and the pain would be there.. and best of all, there’s no medicine prescribed. If one really insist, then it would be painkillers.. that’s what the doc says.. he even says...

"It will heal by itself...unless it’s serious, I’ll have to stick a tube to your chest."

How comforting was that! There’s nothing I can do but just rest.. no flights, no diving, no carrying of heavy things and no going to polluted air areas..
N if I'm not a good gal and it gets serious, I prob have a tube stuck through my chest.. I can't even imagine the sight of it... (@_@)
So after a week, I was told that it has healed and that I’m fine already. Whee! Then comes another one..since it’s spontaneous, doc says..

"once you have it before, it might come back anytime.."

Woohoo.. thanx doc!
After the whole episode, I became kinda conscious of feeling any pain when I breathe… seriously, who would really bother and notice it? But I just can’t help it. Suddenly, I just have the phobia of breathing, ain't exaggerating... it feels like a stab in the chest.. ok, I’ve never been stabbed in a chest before but more or less I imagined it to be.. heh..
but I just can't imagine having that pain again everytime I breathed..

So somehow or someway it sorta change a lil on my point of view on life..
Instead of regretting not having the chance to do it, why don't just go ahead and try it out?
I'm glad that I made my way to Japan back then. Life was hard (that's another story..^^)but I dun have any regrets. I learned and gained alot. In fact, I missed it so much that at this moment, if I have a chance just to go back to Tokyo, I would just go without hesitating.^^

Likewise, I would advise the same to those who are having second thoughts about studying/working overseas. Of cuz if it's within your means and if you have the chance, I would say, "Just Go.." Get the experience while you can and not regret it later in life..

Life is short, you never know what's going to happened.
Just do it and dun regret.^^

コメントを投稿

  ©twist & turn & unexpected - my limited "k" world. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP