2011年1月2日日曜日

Seoul Trip 2010 - Day 2

It's already 2011 and since I was in the mood... decided to finished my 2nd day trip account as the draft has been chucked in my folder for the longest time.. (ーー;)
Basicaly it's all on food and since I'm not good in describing...
I'll let the food pics do the talking... lol..(sorry if the pics ain't delicious looking enuff..(^^ゞ)

2010.05.05 - Day2 : Myeong Dong ⇒ Sindang ⇒ Sinchon

For someone like me, it was surprising that I woke up pretty early at around 9plus when I had turned in rather late the night before. Then again, I’m supposed to meet my friend at 11am, so I ain’t that early anyway..lol..

For brekkie, had the Kripsy Kreme donut and banana milk I had bought last night.
Yesh...”da banana milk” which I had read about it in many blogs. Bought the strawberry one too since I have always been a strawberry person.. lol..


Took a sip of the banana milk and….
I guess I prob have a different tongue and taste bud.. lol..
Has never been a milk person or a banana person… so I guess I dun really fancy the strong banana taste. (;一_一)
Thinking that it must be the “banana” taste fault.. so I opened the strawberry one to try out..
Sad to say… I dun really fancy it either…(@_@)
the milk taste is overwhelming that turns me off.. guess I'm not fated to enjoy it... (^^ゞ

By the time I got ready and all… I realized I was going to be late for my appointment..
Thank god my meeting place is at Myeong Dong..lol.. so I made a dash out..
The weather was a lil cold in the morning and looking at the wet roads, it prob had rained during the night.

It was a public holiday in Korea so it was already pretty crowded in Myeong Dong. Met up with my friend and we decided to walk around Myeong Dong first. As my friend had to do some shopping, I had accompanied her visiting various skincare shops which I never have heard before… ^^;;

So after our skincare shopping… we headed down to Sindang dong for our late lunch.
Had read about the떡볶이(tteokbokki) street and of cuz Joong has mentioned before the spice from this particular famous store HERE.^^
We made our way there and at first, we couldn’t find the so called street insight. But after some asking around, we realized it was nearby and we would have seen it if we walked a lil further in.. (^_^;)

the empty street & nowhere insight of the tteokbokki street

whee! the shop is right at the start of the street! ^^
Surprisingly the shop was rather big and it was quite packed and there were people queuing to go in. But it was rather fast and we got a seat in around 5 mins. Order was pretty easy since they go by the number of people per pot.

a lil glimpse of the shop inside packed with people
interesting utensils all in steel and the old apron for use..lol..
We were actually surprised that it’s not piping red like what we see in other guest’s pot. But we kinda figure out that you have to let it boil dry to get it.


2 person share of tteokbokki!!
there's egg, dumplings, veges, noodles and of cuz tteokbokki! ^^

after boiling for a while.....

almost ready for dining! *slurp*
Half way through.. from the color of the red, we suspect that it ain’t spicy enuff that we got the ahjuma to add more chili powder..


Tasted a bit… and we looked around for one of the staff again...
"ahjuma, it’s not spicy.."


And finally, we are satisfied.


But I thought the portion was a lil too much for 2 people.... (^_^;)

Thereafter, off we go to 이대 (Ewha Womans) to do some shopping..^^


sorry...only took these 2 street pics.. (^^ゞ
Clothes sold there were rather cheap though you must dig through the piles of racks to browse the clothes.. As I wasn’t in the mood shopping for clothes.. So I only ended up getting 2 long cardi.. ^^

there's a reason for taking this...lol..
We met up with 2 more friends before we headed down to Sinchon for dinner.

at the station heading off to Sinchon...
After several twist and turns, walking around.. we finally reached this place..


Samgyeopsal for dinner!

check out the fresh and delicious looking samgyeopsal!!
cutting up the kimchi.. yeah.. we are bbqing it.. and surprisingly, it's delicious to have it barbequed!
cutting up the pork belly...
a lil more barbequing and we are ready to pig in! heh..
Throughout the whole day, I already had a throbbing headache.. but it was bearable and I didn’t wanna waste my time resting…
So half way through dinner.. the pain was so excruciating and also prob due to the oily samgyeopsal.. I was at the verge of throwing up too..

In fact, I was worried if I could withstand the long train journey back but thanx to my dear friend.. who offered to cab me back first before heading home. Come to think of it, I wouldn’t have survived without her sending me home.. lol..
Though at first I was assuring her that I’ll be fine and I could take the train home myself..
But I think she did thought of the fact that upon reaching my station, I still have a short walk and 2 long flight of stairs to climb… So she insisted on cabbing me back.. (^_^;)

When I reached back to the guesthouse, I practically sprawled onto the bed and not moved a single inch at all… lol..
I just couldn’t move as I felt that anymore movements and I would throw up immediately, After passing out, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling better to wash up before snuggling comfortably back into the bed… ^^

Seoul Trip 2010
Seoul Trip 2010 - Day 1
Seoul Trip 2010 - Day 3
Seoul Trip 2010 - Day 4

コメントを投稿

  ©twist & turn & unexpected - my limited "k" world. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP