2010年6月28日月曜日

Weather ⇒ Worldcup...

I had intended to get my recordings of my short trip done during the weekend.. but I got occupied with dinners and stuffs that it just got delayed...(^^ゞ

Recently, weather over here has been kinda erratic..
It's still hot and sunny..but the next moment, there be the sudden downpour.

Since young, I love rainy days.. I like how the rain splattered onto the windows and watching the winds swaying the trees..But of cuz, I dislike it when I have to head out and my shoes and pants got wet..

Weird as it seems that the nice rainy weather happened during the morning on weekdays. Which means I can't enjoy it as I have to pull myself out of the bed to head for work. The only time I get to enjoy sleeping till late noon is during the weekends. But apparently weather love to play a joke on me. The sun shine happily during these 2 days...(--〆)

Talking about weather, reminds me of the recent flood over here..
I remembered clearly that very morning, my director was asking if there's flood over here. (director ain't local)
I told him straight that nope! there's no flood here.
But opps.. when it's near to noon.. news of the flood at the town area were splashed over the news..
Here's how it looked like at Orchard Road...


How embarassed I was when I told my director that I was wrong and there's a flood in town.. He was laughing and told another colleague that he was asking me this morning and I told him that there isn't..(ーー;)

N talking about that colleague the director was talking to..Another non-local. Basically my company full of japanese..
Being someone who come from a 4 season country, surprisingly they can't really take the cold from the aircon in the office.
It's a common scene to see them wearing fleece jacket (from uniqlo..lol..) and for the ladies, they even have the fleece blanket on their laps..
This particular one.. gave me a shock the other day...
She was wearing leg warmers.. (@_@)
I only remember wearing leg warmers during the winter season..not in this hot sunny island..lol..
So I decided to ask her...

そんなに寒いなの?(Is it really that cold?)
寒いよ!(It's really cold!)
寒くないよ!レッグウォーマーはちょっとね...(It's not cold at all..wearing the leg warmers is abit...)
いや、必要ですよ!私は日本人から..寒いよ~ miyo は変だよ..日本人ならないよ~(No..it's a must! I'm Japanese so i feel cold. miyo is weird not feeling cold..you won't become a Japanese like this..)
エッ?大丈夫ですよ...日本人になりたくない、ただ日本に住みたいですよ~(^^ゞ (eh? It's alright...I don't wanna become a Japanese, I just want to stay in Japan~)

My colleagues knows how much I loved Japan that somehow they thinks that I wanna become one..(ーー;)
No offense to the Japanese..Anyone who knows me know how much I loved Japan.. lol.. I'm just ok with being who I am. Don't really find the need to change and it's not as if one really could!

I remember this fella from Hong Kong who married a Japanese wife and currently staying in Japan now. He was boasting to me that he has a Japanese passport now and that his kids will be Japanese..
Like how stupid can he be for a guy in thirties to say that...(sorry for being straight...) Even if he has his citizenship changed, his kids will still be HALF Japanese... But he just insisted that I was wrong... (ーー;)
Sorry for being blunt, but i thought such thinking is really dumb...

Anyway, that aside. It's the World Cup season!
I ain't really a love soccer person so I dun really get what's the hype about..lol.. But seems like most around me are into the South Korea team.. (no need to explain why..lol..)
I've watched 2 matches, one at a korean restaurant and one at TCC... 2 different places with 2 completely different atmosphere... ^^
But it was fun watching how those korean salarymen suddenly stood up hugging each other when there's a goal in the middle of the restaurant and the gals wanna scream but dared not at the latter venue.. ^^
Enjoying the litchi flavoured tea and a bottle of heineken...lol.. (weird combi..^^ ) while watching the match..^^

コメントを投稿

  ©twist & turn & unexpected - my limited "k" world. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP